n. 内容; 目录; 含量，成分
The contents of a container such as a bottle, box, or room are the things that are inside it.
Empty the contents of the pan into the sieve...
I emptied the contents of the fridge into carrier bags...
If you refer to the content or contents of something such as a book, speech, or television programme, you are referring to the subject that it deals with, the story that it tells, or the ideas that it expresses.
She is reluctant to discuss the content of the play...
Stricter controls were placed on the content of video films...
The contents of a book are its different chapters and sections, usually shown in a list at the beginning of the book.
There is no initial list of contents.
The content of something such as an educational course or a programme of action is the elements that it consists of.
Previous students have had nothing but praise for the course content and staff...
This is how we see our tasks, and the substance and content of our work for the forthcoming period.
You can use content to refer to the amount or proportion of something that a substance contains.
Sunflower margarine has the same fat content as butter...
He was astonished at the high gold content in the 340 million-year-old rock.
1. everything that is included in a collection;
2. what a communication that is about something is about
3. the proportion of a substance that is contained in a mixture or alloy etc.
4. the amount that can be contained;
5. the sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned
6. the state of being contented with your situation in life;
7. something (a person or object or scene) selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation;
1. satisfy in a limited way;
2. make content;
1. satisfied or showing satisfaction with things as they are;
to one's heart's content
Today I really swam to my heart's content . I did 3,000 metres at a stretch.
The labels on food products give a lot of information about their nutritional content.
Nothing would content her but I must come.
The content of a book or document exclusive of prefatory matter, codicils, indexes, or appendices.
正文除去序言、补遗 、 索引和附录的书或文献的主要部分.
You will have to content yourself with what you have.