n. 鼓; 圆桶; 卷筒
v. 打鼓; 有规律地敲击
A drum is a musical instrument consisting of a skin stretched tightly over a round frame. You play a drum by beating it with sticks or with your hands.
A drum is a large cylindrical container which is used to store fuel or other substances.
...an oil drum.
...a drum of chemical waste.
A drum is a hollow cylindrical structure which is part of a machine, for example a washing machine.
A drum is a circular object on which wire or rope is wound and kept.
He had found a drum of electric cable.
If something drums on a surface, or if you drum something on a surface, it hits it regularly, making a continuous beating sound.
He drummed his fingers on the leather top of his desk...
Rain drummed on the roof of the car.
If someone beats the drum or bangs the drum for something, they support it strongly.
The trade secretary disagreed but promised to 'bang the drum for industry'.
1. a musical percussion instrument; usually consists of a hollow cylinder with a membrane stretch across each end
2. the sound of a drum;
3. a bulging cylindrical shape; hollow with flat ends
4. a cylindrical metal container used for shipping or storage of liquids
5. a hollow cast-iron cylinder attached to the wheel that forms part of the brakes
6. small to medium-sized bottom-dwelling food and game fishes of shallow coastal and fresh waters that make a drumming noise
1. make a rhythmic sound;
2. play a percussion instrument
3. study intensively, as before an exam;
beat (或 bang) the drum of (或 for)
drum something into
drum someone out
drum something up
This is the product, it's injectable drum filler.
A drum roll preceded the most dangerous part of the performance.
Store in seal drum at dry place, usable life over 1 year.
Press the device specification requires that control the liner thickness and drum the center distance.
Luo Yusheng is famous for storytelling in a Beijing dialect to drum accompaniment.