n. 侧面; 侧翼; 胁腹
v. 两侧（或一侧）有; 在…侧面
An animal's flank is its side, between the ribs and the hip.
He put his hand on the dog's flank.
A flank of an army or navy force is one side of it when it is organized for battle.
The assault element, led by Captain Ramirez, opened up from their right flank.
The side of anything large can be referred to as its flank .
They continued along the flank of the mountain.
If something is flanked by things, it has them on both sides of it, or sometimes on one side of it.
The altar was flanked by two Christmas trees...
Bookcases flank the bed...
1. the side of military or naval formation;
2. a subfigure consisting of a side of something
3. a cut from the fleshy part of an animal's side between the ribs and the leg
4. the side between ribs and hipbone
1. be located at the sides of something or somebody
Two rear passenger seats flank the driver's left and right side.
It is believed that the flank distortion is the main reason of profile errors.
Eomer, take your eored left flank.
The soldiers attacked the left flank of the enemy.
B 、 What shape is the flank of a taper?