n. 马甲; 防护衣; 内衣; （印有运动员编号的）运动背心
A vest is a piece of underwear which you can wear on the top half of your body in order to keep warm.
A vest is a sleeveless piece of clothing with buttons which people usually wear over a shirt.
If something is vested in you, or if you are vested with it, it is given to you as a right or responsibility.
All authority was vested in the woman, who discharged every kind of public duty...
The mass media have been vested with significant power as social and political agents in modern developed societies...
1. a man's sleeveless garment worn underneath a coat
2. a collarless men's undergarment for the upper part of the body
1. provide with power and authority;
2. place (authority, property, or rights) in the control of a person or group of persons;
3. become legally vested;
4. clothe oneself in ecclesiastical garments
5. clothe formally; especially in ecclesiastical robes
play (或keep)one's cards close to one's vest
So he changed the Governor's vest to the colony.
The man scarcely looked at him, fished in his vest pocket and took out a dime.
His trousers were too short and his coat and vest too loose.
In his room, Luca unlocked the trunk beneath the bed and took out a bulletproof vest.
He wore a woollen vest beneath his shirt.