n. 占有; 所有物; 财产; 殖民地; 着魔; 领地
If you are in possession of something, you have it, because you have obtained it or because it belongs to you.
Those documents are now in the possession of the Guardian...
We should go up and take possession of the land...
Your possessions are the things that you own or have with you at a particular time.
People had lost their homes and all their possessions...
She had tidied away her possessions.
A country's possessions are countries or territories that it controls.
All of them were French possessions at one time or another.
...Britain's imperial possessions.
Possession by an evil spirit is the situation when a person's mind and body is controlled by an evil spirit.
They were convinced the girls' behaviour was due to possession by the devil.
1. the act of having and controlling property
2. anything owned or possessed
3. being controlled by passion or the supernatural
4. a mania restricted to one thing or idea
5. a territory that is controllled by a ruling state
6. the trait of resolutely controlling your own behavior
7. (sport) the act of controlling the ball (or puck);
His mother indulged him in material possession.
The Egyptians strove with the Romans for the possession of the Nile Valley.
How Harry came into the possession of this outlandish stuff makes an interesting story which he is fond if relating.
According to facts in my possession he can't possibly be guilty.
How did you get possession of it?