n. 活动; 企业; 手术; 使用; 运算; 运行; 军事行动
An operation is a highly organized activity that involves many people doing different things.
The rescue operation began on Friday afternoon...
The soldiers were engaged in a military operation close to the Ugandan border.
A business or company can be referred to as an operation .
Thorn's electronics operation employs around 5,000 people...
The two parent groups now run their business as a single combined operation.
When a patient has an operation, a surgeon cuts open their body in order to remove, replace, or repair a diseased or damaged part.
Charles was at the clinic recovering from an operation on his arm.
If a system is in operation, it is being used.
Until the rail links are in operation, passengers can only travel through the tunnel by coach.
...the free banking system that has been in operation since the early eighties.
If a machine or device is in operation, it is working.
There are three ski lifts in operation.
When a rule, system, or plan comes into operation or you put it into operation, you begin to use it.
The Financial Services Act came into operation four years ago...
Cheaper energy conservation techniques have been put into operation in the developed world.
1. a business especially one run on a large scale;
2. a planned activity involving many people performing various actions;
3. a process or series of acts especially of a practical or mechanical nature involved in a particular form of work;
4. the state of being in effect or being operative;
5. a medical procedure involving an incision with instruments; performed to repair damage or arrest disease in a living body;
6. activity by a military or naval force (as a maneuver or campaign);
7. (computer science) data processing in which the result is completely specified by a rule (especially the processing that results from a single instruction);
8. process or manner of functioning or operating;
9. (mathematics) calculation by mathematical methods;
10. (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents;
11. the activity of operating something (a machine or business etc.);
act, action, deed, operation, performance
Their plan had some difficulties in being in operation.
After her operation she suffered from general debility.
The operation on the new born infant was a failure.
The operation was a marvel of medical skill.
This gas will put you to sleep during the operation.