n. 剩余物; 其他人员; 差数; 廉价出售的图书
vt. 廉价出售（书）; 廉价出售
The remainder of a group are the things or people that still remain after the other things or people have gone or have been dealt with.
He gulped down the remainder of his coffee...
I spent the remainder of the day feeling terrible.
In arithmetic, the remainder is the amount that remains when one amount cannot be exactly divided by another. For example, if you divide 22 by 7, the answer is 3 and the remainder is 1.
If a book is remaindered, it is sold at a reduced price because it has not been selling very well and will not be published again.
It failed to sell and was soon remaindered.
A remainder is a book that has been remaindered.
1. something left after other parts have been taken away;
2. the part of the dividend that is left over when the dividend is not evenly divisible by the divisor
3. the number that remains after subtraction; the number that when added to the subtrahend gives the minuend
4. a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold
1. sell cheaply as remainders;
remainder, surplus, rest, remains, balance
The remainder of the works would wait until after Dickinson's death.
Divides two numbers and assigns the remainder to first argument.
Part of the new plant is now in operation and remainder will be on stream later this month.
He occupied himself with routine business for the remainder of the morning.
A new traitor tracing scheme based on NTRU cryptosystem and Chinese remainder theorem is proposed.