adj. 固体的; 坚硬的; 实心的; 可靠的; 纯质的; 连续的; 立体的; 一致的
n. 固体; 立体图形
A solid substance or object stays the same shape whether it is in a container or not.
...the potential of greatly reducing our solid waste problem...
He did not eat solid food for several weeks.
A solid is a substance that stays the same shape whether it is in a container or not.
Solids turn to liquids at certain temperatures.
...the decomposition of solids.
A substance that is solid is very hard or firm.
The snow had melted, but the lake was still frozen solid...
The concrete will stay as solid as a rock.
A solid object or mass does not have a space inside it, or holes or gaps in it.
...a tunnel carved through 50ft of solid rock.
打通了 50 英尺厚的实心岩石修建而成的隧道
...a solid wall of multicoloured trees.
If an object is made of solid gold or solid wood, for example, it is made of gold or wood all the way through, rather than just on the outside.
The taps appeared to be made of solid gold.
...solid wood doors.
A structure that is solid is strong and is not likely to collapse or fall over.
Banks are built to look solid to reassure their customers...
The car feels very solid.
If you describe someone as solid, you mean that they are very reliable and respectable.
You want a husband who is solid and stable, someone who will devote himself to you...
All the band come from good, solid, working-class backgrounds...
Solid evidence or information is reliable because it is based on facts.
We don't have good solid information on where the people are...
Some solid evidence was what was required...
You use solid to describe something such as advice or a piece of work which is useful and reliable.
The CIU provides churches with solid advice on a wide range of subjects...
All I am looking for is a good solid performance...
You use solid to describe something such as the basis for a policy or support for an organization when it is strong, because it has been developed carefully and slowly.
I am determined to build on this solid foundation.
...a Democratic nominee with solid support within the party and broad appeal beyond.
If you do something for a solid period of time, you do it without any pause or interruption throughout that time.
We had worked together for two solid years.
1. a substance that is solid at room temperature and pressure
2. the state in which a substance has no tendency to flow under moderate stress; resists forces (such as compression) that tend to deform it; and retains a definite size and shape
3. a three-dimensional shape
1. of definite shape and volume; firm; neither liquid nor gaseous;
2. of good substantial quality;
3. entirely of one substance with no holes inside;
4. of one substance or character throughout;
5. uninterrupted in space; having no gaps or breaks;
6. providing abundant nourishment;
7. of good quality and condition; solidly built;
8. having high moral qualities;
9. not soft or yielding to pressure;
10. having three dimensions;
11. incapable of being seen through;
12. entirely of a single color throughout;
13. acting together as a single undiversified whole;
firm, hard, solid
The hotels were booked solid.
The students in middle schools should build up a solid foundation in English.
This is a very solid chair.
The bass clarinet forms a solid bass for the woodwind group.
A iron bar is solid; a pipe is hollow.