n. 关系，联系; 亲戚
Relations between people, groups, or countries are contacts between them and the way in which they behave towards each other.
Greece has established full diplomatic relations with Israel...
Apparently relations between husband and wife had not improved...
If you talk about the relation of one thing to another, you are talking about the ways in which they are connected.
It is a question of the relation of ethics to economics.
...a relation between youthful unemployment and drug-related offences...
Your relations are the members of your family.
...visits to friends and relations...
In America they are touting Hugh Grant as the next Cary Grant (no relation).
You can talk about something in relation to something else when you want to compare the size, condition, or position of the two things.
The money he'd been ordered to pay was minimal in relation to his salary.
...women's position in relation to men in the context of the family...
If something is said or done in relation to a subject, it is said or done in connection with that subject.
...a question which has been asked many times in relation to Irish affairs...
He is the sixth person to be arrested in relation to the coup plot.
1. an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together
2. the act of sexual procreation between a man and a woman; the man's penis is inserted into the woman's vagina and excited until orgasm and ejaculation occur
3. a person related by blood or marriage;
4. an act of narration;
5. (law) the principle that an act done at a later time is deemed by law to have occurred at an earlier time;
6. (usually plural) mutual dealings or connections among persons or groups;
in relation to
The close intergrowth and interdependent relation exist in mass media and social structure.
Her relation with her aunt superficial as that of chance lodgers who pass on the stairs.
And the article refers also the relation of Burckhart's thinking with Schopenhauer's philosophy.
Observation of the Relation of Histopathological Changes of Alopecia Areata to Pilus Regeneration.
Undeniably, Albert Camus'absurd philosophy has relation to his own experienceof life and philosophical thought of forefathers.